How to make fluffy pancakes, according to John. For me, these are the best homemade fluffy pancakes. They are Japanese Soufflé Pancake inspired but we’re creatures of simple habits so we didn’t go the extra mile. No meringue mixture is beaten to form stiff peaks, then folded into the batter, which cooks directly in metal pastry rings to help the pancakes attain their distinctive height. This is an easy and basic recipe — made from scratch — that produce melt-in-your-mouth delicious, thick pancakes.
We love dusting our pancakes with roasted or raw carob powder from The Australian Carob Co. Instead of maple syrup, we’d sometimes use Pure Carob Syrup to sweeten the experience. 🙂
Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsps baking powder (or 1 heaping tsp)
- 2 tbsps sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter (melted and at room temperature)
- 7/8 cup milk
- 2 tsps vinegar
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg into melted butter.
- In a cup, combine milk and vinegar. Mix well.
- Combine the milk+vinegar mixture and the egg+butter mixture.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla into the mix.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir with fork.
- Melt some butter in a pan on low heat.
- Put a 1/4 heaping cup batter onto pan for each pancake.
- Cook slowly on low heat so they don't burn on the outside while waiting for the inside to cook.
- Flip and finish the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup or The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup.
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes
Leave a Reply